[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: NST Inductance/cheap generators

Here would be my questions/concerns, I won't even speculate on the answers,
but
those that run generators might be able to answer:
1) How will such a beast handle the rather rotten power factor most coils
seem
   to have? (granted, this can be fixed by use of PFC)
2) How will the frequency regulation handle the sudden load-unload of coil
   operation. Especially at the break rate of the primary gap?
3) RF kickbacks. That $250 invoice from Colorado Springs keeps popping into
my head.

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd...mycroft-at-access1-dot-net
http://www.access1-dot-net/mycroft