[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Winding a Secondary

Hi Ted:

I have the good fortune to have a friend with a lathe.  He made a pair of
1/2" thick lexan disks for the ends, and these were secured to the pipe with
four screws each.  In the center of each disk was press-fitted a 1/4-20
threaded insert (like a round nut).  The inserts are designed not to pull
through.  And a piece of scrap lexan was glued over the hole on the inside
surface to maintain a seal.  A similar thing may be done using an end cap
for the PVC pipe, though that may require more end-margin on the pipe.

The base on which the secondary rests has a hole for a 1/4-20 threaded rod
and a wing nut.  I can put various thickness blocks below the secondary to
vary coupling, and use various length threaded rods if necessary.

I also made my secondary connections to the threaded inserts on the
secondary disks.  This way my ground connection is made to the threaded rod
on the underside of the base.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

>Original Poster: Ted Rosenberg <TRosen1-at-Tandy-dot-com>
<snip>