From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Wednesday, January 05, 2000 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: Transformer oil

Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>

Hi Doc R,

> Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
> to: Max, Bob
> Use Nomex as inter-layer insulation in power transformers
>operating in oil. You can get some from most manufacturers
>of transformers.  It is also very fire-proof --- it's what
>firefighters use in their fire resistant suits to
> prevent heat penetration.

Okay, but wouldn´t that do the exact opposite of what we
want it to do? We want to remove the heat, not keep it
in, which, as it seems to me, would be exactly what a
xformer wrapped in Nomex would do.

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard