[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re:Nate's Probs: Information

Snippity doo-dah, snippity-ay

Reinhard,

I thought those ratings were a *bit* high.  It's good to get that stuff
straightened out.  On the subject of ground continuity, from the bottom of
the secondary to the fence and ground rod is no problem.  Neither is
continuity from MOST of the places on the toroid to the bottom of the
secondary, but select pieces of foil tape have measured resistance.  I will
try wrapping the entire toroid with aluminum foil to get better continuity,
because I think the problem is in the glue under the foil tape.  (It used to
get 0 ohms all around the toroid, even through the glue; I don't know what
happened!)

But other than those select few pieces of foil tape, I have measured 0 ohms
from most of the points on the toroid to the bottom of the secondary, then 0
ohms again all the time from the bottom of the secondary to the ground.

Also, I am buying that cap from terry. It should get here saturday. I was
just about to spend way more than that on evil black thin rolled caps. The
reason I never got breakdown is that it didn't need to break down to conduct
through my "dielectric"!  It had plenty of carbon in it to do that!!

Greets from Oregon,

Nathan

PS I will keep you posted on the progress once I get the cap.