[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High Voltage Power Supply

Hi Weazle,

> >What is even more important, is the fact that they are NOT
> >rated for continious usage.  Most have a 3 minute limit.
>
> Are you sure about that run limit time?

I just had a look at the faceplate of one of my OBITS: "Run time
33% within 3 minutes".

>  Here in Canada where it is common for an oil furnace to run for 10 to 15
minutes at a go, the
> transformer with a 3 minute limit would be useless.

In oil furnaces the OBIT is used to ignite the sprayed oil only. After
ignition the OBIT is switched off, but the burner keeps running.

>  I'm using a pair of OBIT's on my coil and have had extended runs with no ill
> effects or heating of the transformers.

For special applications OBITS are available with an unlimited
run time. But these are very expensive and are used seldom
therefore.

Regards		Herwig