[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: grounding

One thing I should point out that may save your hide with respect
to your Mom's flowers -

I drove my copper-clad ground rod into the earth beside a row of
rhotodendrum (sp?) bushes.  First, the bush nearest the rod died (after
about a year), now the second one is dead.  When I posted this to this List,
it was pointed out that copper is poisonous to many plants.  I've seen what
appears to be a tin-plated version of the copper-clad ground rods.  This
would have been a much better choice had I known then...

You may also want to consider burying an insulated heavy wire, rather than a
bare copper strap.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA