[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High Voltage Power Supply

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla List
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2000 14:23
Subject: Re: High Voltage Power Supply

Original Poster: "Herwig Roscher" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Hi Weazle,

> >What is even more important, is the fact that they are NOT
> >rated for continious usage.  Most have a 3 minute limit.
>
><snip>
>For special applications OBITS are available with an unlimited
>run time. But these are very expensive and are used seldom
>therefore.
>
>Regards Herwig

You say that OBITs designed for continuous use are quote"very expensive".
28 million taxed to death and then taxed beyond death poppers will tell you
Canada is a name synonymous with "very expensive".  Here in Canada every
obit I've ever seen, and I collect them frequently at the local landfill
site from discarded furnaces, is a 23mA-at-10 kV unit measuring about 4x5x6
inches.  These are perfectly happy being operated into a 1/2 inch terminal
to terminal discharge forever!  These are a straight magnetic shunt
limited, tar filled, AC transformer with a secondary center tap, just like
the conventional NST.  Up here in Canada especially where I have spent much
time in the arctic, winter appears to last forever.  The duty cycle of the
furnace in this location is commensurate!  These furnaces burn the ignition
electrodes for the entire burn cycle driving the fuel pump.  The
aforementioned photocell light detector (flame detector) doesn't turn off
the OBIT once it sees light, it turns off the entire furnace if it FAILS to
see light!

Speaking to the New World Order (trying to enforce new solid state NST's
and OBIT's) from a cold northern place where at least a small fraction of
their nonsense cannot take hold because in practice it just doesn't support
life,

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility