[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: very long sparks

> Original Poster: "Dr. John W. Gudenas" <jgudenas-at-admin.aurora.edu>
>
> Mark
> Brazelyan and Raizer have produced an excellent book which
> I expect will take me quite a while to fully comprehend. This work

<<snip>>
> If you want to understand spark discharge, this book is a must
> have, however if your calculus is bad, the old professor suggests
> that you brush up and get sparking before purchasing! (An expensive

<<snip>>

Actually, though, one of the nice things about that book is that a LOT of
the material doesn't require calculus to understand.  They do provide nice
qualitative descriptions of the phenomenon.  You will need algebra
though... And some patience to dig out what you need. And, it's nice that
they do provide the derivations.