Primary & Secondary coupling?

How does one go about calculating the optimum physical size primary in relation
to the secondary and power used.  I will be running on about 2 - 3 kVA.
What physical size secondary and primary should I use, or is this more like
guess work?  I don't mean turns.

What is the optimum coupling factor for a tesla coil, or does this vary with
individual coils?  How does one go about working out / estimating this coupling
factor?

I have managed to find some 1" wide 0.12" thick copper strip for my primary at
a scrap yard.   Will this make a noticable difference for the RF?

Thanks
Garth