Re: Need Secondary wire source

>You could try motor repair shops for wire, but I'm surprised the
>enamel is giving such a problem.  Maybe the coil is still overcoupled
>some and needs the secondary to be raised up a little?   Do you
>know how much voltage you're feeding the NST?

Thanks, calling them now.

The meter shows around 150V to the NST.  I have tapped the primary up one
turn from the bottom so that it is further away from the secondary.  As for
height of the secondary, the bottom winding is about even with the top of
the inside primary winding.  There are no racing sparks on the secondary
and no flashovers or corona in that area.  Would overcoupling cause issues
that high on the secondary?  The two pinhole burns on the latest coil are
at about 12" and 18" up the coil from the bottom.  The other secondary that
burned may have had some enamel damage since the roommates don't seem to
respect hard work.  I have a week long installation/show to do over Labor
day weekend and want to get this thing working.  I may have to resort to
bolting on the original secondary with its electrical tape repairs, and
hope for the best.

Thanks,

Chris