Secondary Wire Source

If you want the BEST wire to wind your secondary with...

Find a motor / power tool repair shop in your area, preferably one that also
rewinds transformers and invertors.  They all purchase their wire in 80 pound
(5-gallon bucket) containers.  Usually, they have a dozen sizes from # 8  to #
30, in two grades of copper.  The lower grade is what most of us currently
use.  The better stuff is called "Inverter grade, Teflon coated, oxygen free"
copper winding wire.  Let them know how many pounds you need, and then they
will pull a partial bucket and sell it to you at a per pound rate.  These
people buy it by the truckload, so they really get a price break on it.  I just
finished winding my new 10" by 40" secondary with 760 meters of #18 inverter
grade wire.

Don