Re: Secondary form idea?

Hi Don,

        The fiberglass/resin tank should work fine.  The dielectric loss in
such
material is very small compared to all the other losses in a coil.

        I would be sure that the tank is completely dry especially if it is
used.  The tank may have absorbed water over the years and may need a very good
drying such as sitting in the hot sun for a few days to completely purge the
water out of the tank and the fiberglass.  If the tank is closed, you certainly
don't want the air inside it to be steamy or humid :-))  Also, be cautious of
any paint or markings on the tank that may have conductive paint.  Simply sand
them off if needed.  The inside and outside should be free of any scum, dirt,
or deposits that may be slightly condictive.

Cheers,

        Terry