Re: Strange shock (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Daniel Boughton" <daniel_boughton-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> I too have seen this effect with coils that either
> have heavy varnish or heavy insulation on the
> windings. The static charge comes from the last half
> of the charging cycle in the primary circuit. It is
> esentially varying +DC or -DC (varying sinusoidally
> and changes polarity when it drops to 0 Volts).
> Distributed capacitance between the windings holds the
> charge until a larger capacitance (human touch)causes
> an inrush of current (shock) to estanblish
> equilibrium.

Charge stored in the capacitance between primary and secondary?
Possible if the primary circuit is insulated from the ground,
but this is a very small capacitance.
The most probable origin of this charge is from ionized air
around the coil depositing charges over the insulation that
covers the grounded secondary coil.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz