Re: any insulation recomendations for magnet wire

Hi John, all,

 I've had pretty good success with both single and double-insulated
magnet wire for sec. coils in my experience. I did use double coated
#16 wire for my largest coil system (Medusa). IMHO, a lot of thick in-
sulation is not absolutely neccessary if the the system is designed
properly. Richard Hull and Ed Wingate have shown this with their large
systems. To be on the safe side, I would go ahead and go with the dou-
ble Formvar wire if I was planning on building a large system ( > 8 ft.
sparks)

Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Keep 'um Sparkin',
David