PVC preping (was Form Material Info!!!)

The "standard" PVC secondary former preping procedure of drying and
polyurethane coating is usually done simply because is doesn't cost a great
deal of time or money to do so, there is no harm is doing so, and there is
that possibility that it _might_ be helpful.  I did it to mine as well.  But
to my knowledge, it has never been demonstrated that performance or
longevity are at all affected by this.

Using exotic or more expensive materials for secondary formers is another
matter however.  I would not recommend the use of less lossy materials
unless their cost is not significantly greater than common PVC.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA