Re: Oklahoma Biggg coil update

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:36:50 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
>Original poster: "D.Wightman" <dwightman-at-mmcable-dot-com>

Dave, all

                                                                  n2 x r2
  I use the Wheeler formula,  L(uH)= -------------
                                                                  9r +
10l

 Hope that equation looks right after I send this.  n= number of turns,
r=radius in inches to the wire center, l=solenoid length in inches.  This
is only for an air core, single layer coil.  I also use the jhctes
version 3.1 of John Couture, which is faster & works out the same as the
Wheeler formula.  I use a LCR bridge for small coils, but the larger
coils won't null, possible local radio transmitter interference, (KOMA)

Big sparks a coming

Kevin E.

>How are you able to measure the mh of the coil. Do you have a meter
>that
>does this or do you calculate this.. thanks...

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.