Subject: G-10 vs.Polycarbonate
Author:  "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> at INTERNET
Date:    7/18/00 8:25 AM

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Hi all,

This may seem like a dumb question, but I was wondering which plas-
tic is the supreme choice for SG and RSG insulative supports and
discs? I've heard a lot about the superb heat & impact resistant and ins.
properties of G-10 material, but I don't have any personal experiebce w/
G-10 myself. However, I do know that G-10 is quite pricey. On the
other hand, I do have some experience w/ lexan and it is a little cheaper
than G-10. The manufacturer's label on sheet lexan says that it is heat
resistant to temps. up to 800 degrees Farhenheit. And I don't think you
could find a more impact resistant plastic than lexan (polycarbonate).
This stuff is as tuff as nails and it's easy to machine. I just thought I
would get some opinions from some of you coilers who have had expe-
rience with both of these materials.

Good Coiling,
David