Re: RF ground

Yep.  A biiiig hammer.  a 9 pound sledge if I remember correctly.
I put a block of oak on top of the pipe to prevent it from folding
over or flaring, got out the ladder, and proceeded to pound for
around a good 1/2 hour.  No salt, no expensive solid copper rod.
Just a 8' piece 1" copper pipe.  Cost me $8 at home depot if I
remember right.  It *is* a lot of trouble, but once you fire off
your coil, and don't toast something in the house (or in my case,
turn on all the speakerphones), it's worth it :)  Plus it doubles
as a high-voltage ground for a shorting wand.
                                                            Sundog

>At 12:23 PM 7/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
>>I got a question for all you people that use pipes (which is
probably most
>>of them): I live in Lousiana and it's usually very wet here, but
I still
>>don't see how you can hammer like an 8 foot pipe all the way into
the
>>ground! Do you just get like a sledge hammer or something?
>>

>>>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>>>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>>>Subject: RE: rf ground?
>>>Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:15:11 -0600
>>>
>>>Original poster: "sundog" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>
>>>
>>>Hi! I didn't remember seeing it, bet here's IMHO :) I use a 8'
long 1"
>>>copper pipe hammered into the ground.  It works great for me,
and pulls
>>>around 90-100v from a 110 line on the multimeter.  It dropped to
58v during
>>>our drought, but still worked fine for my coil.  Using the rods
you sunk
>>>may
>>>or may not give better performance.  You may need to water them
down a bit
>>>1/2 ah hour or so before running it.  That may help performance
some.
>>>   As for using the electrical conduit...*shudder*  Yep, that's
regarded as
>>>Bad Thing(tm).That introduces RF into your house ground.  Good
way to
>>>possibly zap your tv, vcr, microwave, etc.  And beware the
garage door
>>>opener too.  They seem to be a common fatality of garage
coiling.
>>> Hope it helps!
>>> Sundog

I have