RE: TC at Knotts?

A friend of mine built a coil for them around 1990 (might be a year or two
off). It was for the park in Buena Park, sort of near Disneyland. I went to
their 'Knotts Scary Farm' halloween thing a couple of years ago, and the TC
was nowhere to be seen.

Incidentally, my friend was about 19 at the time, and his bid was about 1/3
of the next lowest bidder. Being skeptical of his age and price, they
offered to pay for the materials up front but withheld payment for his time
until the unit was delivered. Needless to say, he got his money. :)  I also
remember hearing that it was the largest coil in the country (or maybe in
CA) at the time, but I don't know how accurate that info was.

A quick introduction - I've been on the list for about a week now, and am
very glad that there's this much activity! It's good to see people so
enthusiastic about Tesla and his technology. If only we could get the
schools to teach about him, instead of glorifying the people that don't
really deserve it. I've been mildly interested in 'coiling' since I first
heard about it, but just recently decided to attempt building one. I've got
no physics background, and a light electrical background. I do have a lot of
common sense, a brain like a sponge and a 9/30 NST, however... ;)  Wish me
luck!! (although I'm sure you'll see my posts a lot more once I actually
start putting things together!)

Steve