Re: 8" coil :(

The data on Chris' coil:

Sec: 8" wound 29" with 20 ga
primary: 1/4" copper 1/2" c-c turn spacing, 11" ID 12 turns ( I had it tapped
at the outermost turn)
bottom winding of sec is 3/4" below bottom of pri.
cap: .035uF -at- 20kv Mica pulse.....045 with my plasticcapacitors cap
60bps sync gap, which is very clearly out of phase, so that needs to be
addressed.
topload is 6 x 24" toroid

I wish there was some low power, non "violent" way to adjust the phase. I
really don't like to have my safety gaps firing like that. I'm not willing to
widen them yet, though, as the caps may not handle the overvoltage...that
remains to be seen.

It is pig powered. I started at 1500 watts, which wasn't enough, and so I
added an NST as additional ballast, whoch added about 400 watts to the pig,
and did indeed help matters, so I think is is really a matter of enough power
to drive this coil. I think between 3 and 4 kVA is where this is going, but I
can't get that right now. THanks for any ideas!

Chris