Re: 4th-of-july showings

Hi Sundog,

	I have been thinking about setting my big coil up in the front yard.  With
the recent forest fires and dry weather here and the "Police in full force"
out to enforce the "absolutely no fireworks" laws in the city, Tesla coils
seem rather tame...  Last year, me and the brothers had an "accident" when
all the fireworks all caught on fire at once!  We had gone 365 days since
we had an accident like that before! :-))  So..., this seems like a good
year to "lay low"...

	My concern is crowd control.  Realizing that last year, this "safe and
sane" town, had so many "illegal" fireworks going off you could not see
across the streets through all the smoke...  "Some people" delighted in
firing pop bottle rockets at passing police cars (to which, about 40 cops
responded :-))...  And this college town sells more beer this weekend than
any other time...  (Ok, so we take "our" 4th seriously here :-))  It is
just a darn difficult time to maintain a safe working environment for a
coil in the front yard...  But I will try to pull it off...

	I will borrow a lab coat from work so I look official and have all my
Tesla coil "licenses" ready (a miracle of high resolution ink jet printing
:-)).  That way I should be "official" enough to command the situation and
"pull the plug" if needed.  It's a little hard since you need good lighting
around the coil area which detracts from the arcs but you do have to be
absolutely careful!

Cheers,

	Terry