Re: Tesla's Oscillators and Circuit Controllers

Luc:

The commutator is right out of Tesla's patents(I
cannot give you the patent number now but I can at a
later time). He uses two self-inductances switched
directly on the mains with a dual primary and dual
primary capacitors. The primaries are magnetically
coupled to one secondary. The commutator is driven by
a small variable speed motor. The commutator acts as a
switch which first places the capacitors in parallel
across the two charginging inductances. It continues
the charging mode for three conncetions of the
commutator. The fourth breaks the charging circuit and
places the capacitors in series through their primary
coils. Thus the voltage thru the primary circuit ring
is double in amplitude and also combined magnetically.

The commutator design is simple. It has three brass
bars 1/4" by 3" long and then the 4th is two 1/4" by 1
1/4". These two are parallel to the 3" long bars but
seperate from each other by 1/2". The bars are machine
into a Teflon rod and turned to form a smooth surface.
The power capacity is 2.5KVA MAX.

Dan