Re: Tesla's Oscillators and Circuit Controllers

In a message dated 7/24/2000 7:36:52 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>      You know, I ran across this as well, in the "Cyclopedia of Applied
>  Electricity"  one of my sources for Poulsen information.  I believe it was
>  called
>  the "Wenhelt" interrupter.  I could be wrong about this. . . It seems that
>  no one
>  at the time could figure out exactly why it worked.  Does anyone have a
>  clue now?
>
>              --Mike

    That name sounds right, but I would really have to look at the book
again.  I just moved and don't know where is it exactly.    I do remember
that it needed to be hooked up with a certain polarity to work right, but
again would have to look up which way it was hooked up.  I believe it
interrupted the current by generating a gas bubble around the platinum wire,
causing a break in the conductive path.  Once the current stopped, the bubble
would rise and allow the conductive path to be reestablished.
   I also remember that it worked much better with two car batteries in
series for 24V.
Mike