From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 2:08 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Touching/Sitting on your coil

Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Keep in mind that the discharge will travel MUCH further along an insulator
than through free air. We have used a "Jesus Stick" since our first demo
made from 1/2" UHMW round stock and over 8' long with a telescopic antenna
mounted to the end to attract streamers. When they connect they will climb
up the stick to the person holding it. We've never been bit, but it will
easily get to within 2' of the person holding it. Leave it there for a few
seconds and it will start to carbon track and turn the insulator into a
conductor, making it MUCH more dangerous.

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / Founder
The Geek Group
www.geekgroup-dot-org