Re: Strange shock (fwd)

Antonio,

I have seen this effect in un-varnished coils as well.
It is quite clear to me that we have a DC charging
effect during coil operation. I have seen this in
coils of all sizes but most prominently in the
equidrive (push pull) configuration.'

While dielectic materials on the coil and the coil
form(as well as the ambient)  hold static charge I do
not believe we are witnessing effects from teh
electron cloud around the coil. We are seeing a DC
storage of energy as a component of the charging
technique. I bet you will not see this on a continuous
wave vacuum tube coil, no matter how much varnish you
have on it.

Dan Boughton