Re: salient motors?

Hi John,

	You will have to convert a common 1/4HP blower motor since commercial sync
motors of this type are extremely rare.  However, it is very easy and you
and your father can do it with no problem.  I do it with an angle grinder
but I don't have a dad who is a machinist :-)

The "plans" are at:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/syncmot.zip

I think the 1800 RPM is easier to deal with than the 3600RPM but with nice
machining that may not be an issue.

Cheers,

	Terry