Re: Voltage determination

Hi John,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>
> Malcolm, David, All -
>
> It should be understood that the output spark length shown by the JHCTES Ver
> 3.1 computer program is only a ball park figure. As I said in one of my
> length is dependent upon many conditions. It's just about imposible for a
> program to be able to allow for all of the variables. The spark length is in
> the JHCTES program because several coilers asked that this be done. However,
> don't take the spark length too seriously.
> <snip>

Fully agree here John. I assume the B value of your program (if you use that
particular spark length formula in your program) is where you tie in losses.
I've been doing the same for some time in Excel and now in the JavaScript
version I'm working on. I'm trying to account for primary tank losses in
particular as that is an area of high loss along with the spark gap compared to
the rest of the system. It's easier said than done. Funny how we can realize
the losses in areas and still it's hard to calculate it out. I think we really
don't know as much as we sometimes think we do regarding these losses.

Take care,
Bart