Re: Strike Rail Yes? No?

Greg,

I have a similar system, 6x28 secondary, 5kVA pole pig. After reading some
comments that strike rails are not necessary I removed mine. For a few
minutes everything seemed cool, strikes to the primary and nothing happened.
After about the 6th strike to the primary one of the line filters blew out
in my power controller releasing  smoke and scaring the heck out of me!

I now use strike rails.

Regards,

Jon Rosenstiel