Re: Polyurethaning the Seconday Problems

Hi All,

Of course sanding helps to clear the old junk from it between coats,
on to the real question.  What came to mind is, would coating a tack
cloth with one of those anti cling products for womens dresses work,
or would that just interfere with the adhesive properties of the layers
of polyurethane.  The only perfect way is to do it inside of a vacuum
chamber, then I am not sure if it would dry.

There was a idea that  I thought was really good about hooking the
secondary up to a rotating winding jig of some sorts and having a big
tub of Polyurethane that the bottom portion was spinning through.
Nice thick glass like finish. :-)

Now if we then build a bigger PlexiGlass compartment to sit overtop
of that then it should help to prevent the dust particles from being able
to get to the coating.  Doesn't have to be a vacuum, just enough to keep
extra dust in the room from blowing around and getting to it.  As it spins
the initial dust should just get completely coated over.

Cheers,
Bill Parn