Secondary form treatment

Hello Coilers:

Rather than using spray on varnish, polyurethane, etc., try the two
part West System epoxy resin and hardener.  I've used it on three
of my secondary forms with good success each time.  It dries much
faster than the other treatments and seems to have good insulation
and structural strength.

I put my secondary form between centers in the lathe, applied a thin
layer of the resin with a paint brush, then while it was still tacky
I wound the secondary turns on.  After completing the winding, I put
a second layer of the resin on over the wire, then let the whole
works turn in the lathe until the resin cured.  This gave me a very
uniform and run-free application that's both rugged and looks good.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca