Re: Dielectric Constant?/Gasoline Arc

In a message dated 6/4/2000 7:30:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Thus using this method a straight arc
>  to water can be made. The question now becomes what
>  will happen when this is attempted with gasoline. Will
>  the oxidation energy be more rapidly increased in time
>  by the rapid fire BPS? Can the amount of energy
>  contained in a substance be more rapidly released
>  under high frequency/ high voltage electric field
>  circumstances? There are some who believe this occurs
>  in an atomic bomb as a byproduct, where the explosives
>  used for the detonation suddenly release their energy
>  in an exceedingly small time period as catalyzed by
>  the fission reaction it starts. Anyways I would like
>  some opinions before this is attempted. I will
>  definitely film the first try, if something  explosive
>  happens it may not be so repeatable. HDN

Harvey,
   Due to the ions  formed during  combustion, I would expect the spark gap
to be essentially shorted out once the gasoline begins to burn.  Whether or
not this would increase the the combustion rate is hard to say.  I think the
availabe oxygen would have a much greater impact on the rate of combustion
that the ignition source.
Mike