Re: PVC Wire for a secondary?

Hi Dave,

I've tried it on a 4" x 24" secondary, and it worked OK.  I used 22AWG
stranded, vinyl insulated hookup wire.  The main problem is the insulation
takes up space, so the turns-per-inch density is rather low compared to
magnet wire.  This will drive the frequency way up.  I think mine resonated
at 700kHz.  You can compensate by using a fatter coil form.  For example, 6
inch diameter plastic pipe instead of 4 inch.

Best Regards,

Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla