From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 9:50 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: PVC Wire for a secondary?

Original Poster: "Finn Hammer" <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>

Ed!

I have been contemplating trying this for some time, but put it off, due
to uncertainty about how to make a good splice, where the 2 wires meet.
The coil I had in mind would need more than one reel of wire.

What do you do to the joint, after soldering the wires together, to stop
breakout from that spot.

Or maby that is not a problem at all.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

The method has advantages, such as automatic spacewind, and the ability
to colour match the secondary to the rest of the structure, I`d like
that!

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Edward Wingate" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
>
> > Original Poster: "David Mills" <dave-at-g7uvw.freeserve.co.uk>
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Are there any major disadvantages in using PVC covered wire for a
> > secondary.
> >
> > The only problem I can forsee is that the capaciance of the secondary
> > will be altered due to the thicker wire insulation spacing the turns out
> > more.
> >
> > Any ideas / anyone done this?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Dave
>
> Dave,
>
> I have used PVC covered machine tool wire MTW/THHN/TFFN with outer vinyl
> jacket for several large coils including my Twin Coil and it works fine.
It