Re: Space Wound Secondaries

   When using a mono filament such as fishing line for spacing and you want  to
remove it, apply a thin coat of varnish or your choice of coating   to the
surface. Wait until it's tacky (this holds the wire in place), and slowly
remove the mono filament. Let coil rest for a few minutes and reapply another
thin coat to smooth out any jagged edges left by the removal of the filament.
Repeat coatings until you're satisfied with the finish.
   I wouldn't leave the mono filament in place for several reasons.
Nylon is a hi freq. lossey material.
The other problem is just about any kind of material left between windings can
and in most cases will cause the windings to track (spark over) more so at the
half way mark and on up to the top of the coil.
   I also recommend double spacing the last few turns, three or more so the
coil won't go in to "shock" before the top terminal gets what it needs.

COIL ON,
Shawn T. Ferrell