Building big top loads

Greetings All,

I've got the skeleton built for one quarter of my next top load,
its a 48" by 18" psuedo toriod which will be extended to 72" by 18".
It could be scaled up to almost any size.

It uses a series of hardboard rings of dimininishing diameter set
about 1" apart. It wasn't to bad to build and its quite strong. I fixed a
bit
of angle iron as an arm to my jigsaw, bolted the other end to the centre
and cut the rings quite simply. I worked out from the centre (I used
plywood
for the centre ring.

Pictures on:

http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/alansharp/

goto the toriods page and then to megatroids.

Alan Sharp (UK)