[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Solid Secondary?

  There are some scrap clear acrylic rods of 1.5 to 2
inches diameter at work in the machine shop that are
calling me to wind them!
  I know acrylic (thermoplastic) isn't the best
material because of combustability but I'm talking a
low power, tabletop demo coil.
  Are there any downsides to winding a small TC
secondary with a solid form? If only in interest of
science;) Surely someone has done this already.
  What effect would it have on the inductance and
stray capacitance of the secondary? My guess would be
none and some respectively. Comments?

Regards,
Bob Wroblewski (N1INU)
Dracut, MA