[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: calculating bps for sync rsg

Greets,

Hi Jon,

Only unasked questions are dumb.

1725 rpm ==> 1,725 revolutions per minute.
Since we are looking for bangs per second divide rpm by
60 to find the revolutions per second.
1725/60 = 28.75 rps
Now multiply that number by the number of bangs your rotor
does per one revolution.
28.75 * 4 = 115 bps

If it were a 50hz motor then one would divide by 50
instead of 60.

By the way if your motor is really synchronous at 60hz
then it can't be 1,725 rpm.  It probably is 1,800 rpm.
The math above will work for sync or async.

Cheers,
Bill