[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dreaming........

The Geek Group may fionally have it's new building! We have been shopping
for a new building since we left our 30,000SqFt warehouse 6 months ago.

In our building shopping we found an old abandond coal fired power plant. We
have contacted the owner and he is interested in donateing the space in
exchange for us doing work on the building.

The first thing that cought our eyes was the dual large smokestacks.
(can you see where I'm heading with this?)

The building is massive, about 1 cubic city block, with 2 large (apprx. 150'
thougb that's a very rough guess) smokestacks. It's located in the middle of
nowhere and also has a couple other nice refinements includeing a large
substation, that is still on line,  (good source of HV donated by the local
electric company, and an INCREDIBLE ground array) and a lake.

I was wondering if it would be possible to turn these into either a pair of
Bipolar coils, or 1 tower a coil and the other a ground terminal. It's just
a pipe dream, but it could very well trun into a reality.

It would easily be bigger than electrum, with the perfect location and
resources. And we'd have the Guiness record in the States :)

Not to mention the PR applications, sponsorship...etc for the Group :)

If this was to actually become a reality, we could hold a teslathon here and
have coilers from the list come and aid in the design, and construction.

Chris "Wysock wannabe" Boden