[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: hv connections

Hello everybody.

About HV cable insulation: I use the Belden 8866: that is a AWG18, o.d. 0.208",
with triple jacket (PE, PE and PVC). That is rated for 80 kVDC breakdown and 40
kVDC continuous use, guaranteed corona-free. Price about $0.6 per feet. Works
fine for TC stuff.

Shouldn't that be good for everything?! Not true!

I used that for my plasma globe too (about 10 kV, but also about 10 kHz). If I
touch the cable (the outer PVC, of course) I get continuous nice well visible
corona to my fingers! Same corona I get from the HV cable originally fit to
this
TV flyback.

Regards

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 03.03.2000 02:00:38