[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: calculating bps for sync rsg..Thanks!

<< Original Poster: "Jon Lagler" <rockcrawl-at-netzero-dot-net>

> Thanks everyone for the responses! I am using a standard ac motor which I
> have modified by cutting/grinding two flats on the armature. I guess this
> brings the RPM up to 1800, and so I have 120 breaks per second.

> Thanks,
> Jon >>

Jon, the 1800 rpm motor should have 4 flats, and a 3600 rpm motor
should have 2 flats.  Did you check to make sure the motor is really
locked up?  I suppose it might be able to lock with just 2 flats, but
it probably doen'st lock as easily or strongly.  I don't know, I've never
done it that way and put 2 flats on a 1800 rpm motor.

Cheers,
John Freau