[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Effects of the size of toroids

Hello Antonio,List,
I tryed to dereive it for toroid alone in space, some
time ago.Mathematicaly ,it can be  easy shown that
critical *ie.max electrical field* for smooth toroid
is reached at outside ekvatorial 9 o'clock or 3
o'clock positions of cross section.
The question is what voltage corresponds to given
Ecritical.
I used approach with Green functions and always got
unpleasant series of nonelementar integrals.
The truth is that for tipical ,let say h/d=1/3 toroid
ratios  coilers like to use,spherical estimations
Uc=r*Ec still holds well (as T.Fritz has shown me).
This means you can freely take aproximation with that
simple formula where r is radious of toroid cross
section (=d/2).

Regards,
Boris

 About this, do someone know a formula for the