[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Thoughts about sync..

In a message dated 3/5/00 5:28:12 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<  I use a
 variac to adjust the fan speed.  I use this on all my coils from 1.5"
diameter
 up to 10" diameter.>>

Hi Gary,
I have just completed a very nice Scot D. gap using 9 pcs of 1.5 inch copper
sweat fittings. I use a Sears shop vac for the blower. I have managed to
learn that
I am probably blowing too much air (from the fan :-)) ), and using one or two
gaps too many for my 1350 Watt bipolar.

Would you please give a little more mechanical information on the fan size
and operating speeds? How can I tell when there is too much air? Am I correct
in
assuming that the rate of air flow is purely an experimental, trial and error,
determination?

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman