From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 8:54 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Question about ballasting and VA

Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Original Poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

Hi Jeff,

Your method described is interesting (that you find the least current draw
at
low voltage then leave the ballast setting in place and just use voltage
control). Have you used this method with different spark gap rates, types,
etc...? If so, did each rate or type of gap produce the same control
behavier
(lowest current point on the inductor)?

Bart