[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

bypass cap source

     Tesla folks,

     I am trying to build an rc protection network for my coil before I run
     it for the first time.  The source I had lined up for doorknob bypass
     caps has fallen through.  I've been thrashing around in the Pupman
     archive and on the search engines and having no luck.  This protection
     network is my last step before first light!!!

     would the MMC poly caps be appropriate for this application? Does
     anyone have another source I could go to that would be better?  I had
     expected to use two caps to ground of around 500pf each to ground,
     with an 1100 ohm 113w resistor on each leg.  I'd really rather not
     roll my own if it's at all possible.

     thanks,

     paul