[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: calculating bps for sync rsg (confounded and confused)

> Original Poster: Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com

Hi Scott,

Nice bit of work here - makes sense though, doesn't it. Obviously, at least one
electrode per revolution is firing twice. I know putting this into a
formula that
works for all gap configurations can be a pain. This is part of my spark length
calculation helping determine the effective joules available after all is said
and done. When I throw in coilers data for their spark gap, most of the time I
have to modify my fixed BPS formula to accomodate their configuration and RSG
type.

I personally am coming to the conclusion that as far as input data is required,
it is best to have the user figure out "how" the formula is derived and let
them
enter the data into a "fixed" formula. This gives them the opportunity to
"learn"
how "your" formula is defined and let's them associate their gap to it. For
your
particular method, I would present dialog prior to input stating to enter
the LE
and R dimensions, and then have them do a bit of figuring on their own to
represent P appropriately. The dialog should state a couple examples especially
regarding stationary configurations as well as the actual formula the program
will use. Sometimes we need an example and a formula to eventually think in
like
terms.

Bart