[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Test Aborted (aaargh)

Can you get some fiber glass tape from a motor rewind shop?  Check the
telephone book yellow pages under Electrical motor repair.

I have had good luck with this stuff.   The tape is sticky on one side and
is designed to be coated with a binder after a motor has been repaired.  I
used polyester resin as my binder and it worked fine.

Clean the oil off of your coils with some type of solvent before using the
tape.  If you can not get this tape then go to auto parts store and get a
fiber glass body repair kit.  They have 2 kinds, fiber glass mat and fiber
glass cloth.  Cut the fiber glass cloth into 1" wide strips long enough to
wrap around the coils.  Glue it on to the coils with polyester resin.  Make
sure the wires are coming out of the correct side of the coil because once
it gets hard you will have a tough time changing it.

One time I used some cloth from an old polyester shirt and polyester resin
to repair a model airplane.  This might work too.

Gary Weaver