[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Some days I hate this thing.......

In a message dated 3/7/00 1:36:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Hi Chris,

    First thing is to be sure the two 15/30s are working properly.  Try arcing
 each of the four legs to the case to be sure there isn't a bad leg.

    Second, "I'm using a better gap, better caps, and a cleaner setup with
 better weather, and a better ground."  Sooo, been changing things! ;^)  You
 may have change something for the worse.  My guess would be the gap
 followed by the caps.

    Safety gaps are a funny thing, too narrow and performance goes, too wide
 and the NST goes...  Best to set them as has been recommended before and
 just live with that setting...

 Cheers,

    Terry

Chirs,

Also, make sure the 15/30s are phased properly.  After checking the spark by
arcing each output to the case, do it again after connecting the two
transformers together.  This is probably too obvious, but the sparks should
be hotter now.  If phased incorrectly, the sparks will be less.

Ed Sonderman