[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EMI Filter Hookup? -- Internal House Wiring Popping And Crackling

At 07:52 AM 09/03/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "William Parn" <parn-at-fgm-dot-com>
>

>I need help in how and where to hookup a EMI filter?
>
>Many Thanks,
>Bill Parn

Hello Bill:

I've used a number of the EMI filters for various projects over the
years and have always hooked them up just as they are marked.  Some
say that you should reverse the line and load connections, but I
think that most of the units are a PI filter configuration, so
it likely doesn't make a big difference.

The big thing is grounding the filter.  I connect the ground terminal
to my main R.F. ground which is also the ground for the bottom end of
the secondary, the "protection network" ground, and the strike rail.
You'll likely have no problems if you go this route.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca