[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Interesting Skin Depth Data

>Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>
>
>Hi Antonio, Ruud, all,
>
>> Original Poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz"
><acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>
>> The result is 0.76 meters. No skin effect at all.

great snip...

>The late Henry Transtrom is probably
>the best example for this.
>
>Coiler greets from Germany,
>Reinhard

Hi Reinhard,

Thank you for your comment on this important item, but according to the
archives late Henry Transtrom was killed by touching some grounded stage
metal with his hair sky high. Sounds to me like a Van de Graaff generator,
not a Tesla Coil. (Not that it matters a lot of course, it's terrible
anyway)

Thinking about the safety, I wondered if a member of the Tesla Mailing List
could be killed without the rest to know. This would really be said,
wouldn't it? Maybe we should setup a system that mail's everyone on the list
let's say 4 times a year. When a member is not responding we could
investigate the reason (we should make addresses and phone numbers
obligatory in that case, like the Tesla-2 list). In that way we could learn
from a fatal accident, and the pour soul wouldn't be died in vain. (I don't
know how to compose the last sentence exactly, being a Dutchman, but I love
to be corrected, so feel free...)

In my case, my family has no idea what I'm doing at night (mostly reading
and writing mail at the moment). When they find me in the morning laying
dead in my garage they will figure out why, but I don't think they will
inform the TC group!

Ruud de Graaf
Greetings from lovely and 'spring is in the air' Holland