[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Discharge impedance of a CW Tesla coil

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>  Hi All,

Snip...
>   I have been playing with my patched together RF generator and
measurement
>  equipment.
>  I was very surprised that at
>  300 watts I was able to tune the coil with ZERO watts reflected (the
>  generator has a 50 ohm output through about 10 feet of RG-8).
Snip...

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the preliminary info!

I'm afraid I don't understand the 'through about 10 feet of RG-8' part.
Remember normally I speak dutch, so for us Europeans it's a little bit
harder to understand the 'Tesla language'.

BTW, what I'am wondering about is the following: dV/dT is the most important
thing in coiling, right? When you quench the gap after one period to
initiate the ringing in the secondary, would in that case it still be
necessary to tune the primary on the resonance frequency as the secondary?
You should think not, but my feeling says yes (I don't no why though). I'm
talking here of course about a break-out situation.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Ruud